Tuesday 30 July 2013

Welcome to my new sewing blog!

Hello & welcome to my new blog!  Eek - really excited to be finally starting it.  I've been sewing myself for little over a year now and have crafted many lovely dresses, bags, purses and soft furnishings for the home and thought it would be really cool to start blogging to have a record of my work and to hopefully inspire others to have a go themselves.

I've found sewing to bring a little piece of relaxation and calm to my hectic life and the great thing is that you have something to show for your efforts at the end of each sewing project.

When I started sewing I trawled the internet for help with techniques and tips as well as cost effective and free sewing patterns, lots of hours were spent searching rather than creating - so I hope that my blog will have all the helpful information in one place for those new to the craft.

During my blog, I plan to provide basic guidance for those that are new to sewing, as well as profiling great free patterns that can be found online - for many of which I shall share my attempts at them as well as any tips that I can offer. I also plan to review purchased sewing patterns, so that you can see the end result and I will be featuring my own free sewing projects for you to have a go at yourself!

I look forward to sharing my sewing projects with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment