Thursday 15 August 2013

Free Card Holder/Wallet Pattern

Here's a great little sewing project for the weekend!  This project is really quick and you can utilise those scraps of fabric that you have hanging around.  I hate wasting any fabric and so love sewing projects which make good use of left overs.

I based my card holder on a free pattern available from "A Spoon Full of Sugar's" Fantastic Blog over at: http://www.aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com/  Direct Link to the Pattern is here: https://sites.google.com/site/aspoonfullofsugargirls/aspoonfulofsugar

I changed the pattern slightly as I had some denim that I wanted to use and so replaced the piece made up of scraps with one complete piece of denim - I also didn't use interfacing as I felt that the denim was thick enough as it was.



To make the denim more interesting, I added some embroidery by drawing my own emblem and then used back stitch to outline the motif with satin stitch on the wing.

One of my favourite parts of the design is the closure, made from a hair band and a button!



Inside of card holder - I wish I had lowered the top card holder slightly as it ended up a little too close to the edge, but my cards still fit in fine.




This is a great project which takes no time at all - the designs from "A Spoon Full of Sugar" are very inspiring and another great Free Pattern!


No comments:

Post a Comment